Mowing the lawn is a popular summer activity. People actually enjoy doing it in colder areas. While looking forward to mow the lawn one is always left with two options- old school gas mowers or modern electric mowers. Though the grass of the other side always looks greener yet both gas and electric mowers have their own pros and cons.
Pros & Cons of Using Lawn Mowers at Home – VirtueReview.com
Electric lawn mowers are divided in two models: corded and cordless. Gas lawn mowers are limited to almost same type of models. Both electric and gas lawn mowers have their own benefits and limitations.
Just like Pool vacuum cleaners are used to clean swimming pools, Lawn mowers used to clean garden. Let us look for the pros and cons of the both electric and gas lawn mowers.
Benefits of Using Lawn Mowers
- Gas lawn mowers are perfect for larger lawns. It can easily cut through tougher and taller grass because of its sharper blades. The gas lawn mowers have no battery charging limitation after a fixed interval. A little bit of gas can work well for larger areas.
- Gas lawn mowers are far more durable than any other kind of lawn mowers. Though they require maintenance but you can maintain them easily at home only.
- Best electric lawn mowers are low maintenance products. You do not need to change oil filters or spark plugs regularly. One does not need to fiddle with gasoline or fuel regularly.
- Electric lawn mowers are a part of Go Green movement. They do not emit any harmful gases and hence are good for the environment.
- Electric gas mowers are quieter than traditional mowers. They work on almost silent mode.
- The initial cost of gas mowers is good. It is a pocket friendly product as compared to electric gas mowers. Electric gas mowers cost too much but their running cost is too less as compared to gas mowers. When a graph is made of cost of both the lawn mowers over longer interval of time you will observe that electric lawn mowers are cheaper.
Drawbacks of Using Lawn Mowers
- Gas lawn mowers exhibit carbon mono oxide and carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. It can harm the ozone layer to a greater extent.
- Gas mowers start by pulling the cord which makes them a bit difficult to start. Electric lawn mowers are a key solution to this problem. They are easy to start and easy to use too.
- Gas mowers make so much irritating noise. Their engines are heavier and louder than other type of mowers.
- All the mower engines need regular maintenance and care. It increases their efficiency. Electric mowers require less maintenance as compared to gas mowers.
- Corded electric mowers have less mobility and hence their working area reduces. Cordless electric mowers can work in vast and larger area but the battery does not sustain for more than one hour. In this way, you need to put them on charging every hour and takes more time than required to complete the process.
- Electric lawn mowers cannot deal with thicker grass.
- Electric lawn mowers are much expensive.
- The running cost of gas lawn mowers is too much.
These are the pros/cons of gas and Electric Lawn Mowers. For more updates and other reviews of home improvement category, keep visiting us.