What is more attractive than a beauty of a light-colored clean pool in summers? Aren’t they irresistibly tempting? But ohh these pools turn dirty with pine needles, leaves and all kind of debris with time. To maintain the beauty and cleanliness is a tough task. Pool vacuum is a machine discovered to make this tough task easier and maintain the cleanliness of your pool.
An automatic pool vacuum can be set up in the pool to clean it. It collects all the debris, sweeps, scrub and vacuum the floor of your pool simultaneously. Check out the comparison of Different pool vacuum cleaners below;
Compare The Best Pool Vacuum Cleaners of 2017
|Name||Brand||Size Covers||Latest Price|
|Dolphin 99996323||Dolphin||up to 50 ft|
|Polaris F9550 Editors Choice||Polaris||up to 60 ft|
|Hayward Poolvergnuegen 89658000020||Hayward||20’ x 40’|
|Aquabot Junior Automatic||Aquabot||up to 50 ft|
|Polaris Vac-Sweep 360||Polaris||up to 31 ft|
|Pentair GW7900||Pentair||13’ x 13’|
|Zodiac F5B||Zodiac||up to 31 ft|
|Pentair 360032||Pentair||19’ x 19’|
|Hayward RC9950GR||Hayward||20’ x 40’|
|BARACUDA G3 W03000||Zodiac||up to 36 ft|
These pool vacuums are either battery operated or manually operated. They perform their function and leave the pools spot cleaned. Some pool vacuums have their own batteries and some take the help of booster pumps or external batteries.
Types of Pool vacuums:
- Suction side pool cleaners: require pool pump to run and have few moving parts. Easy to maintain.
- Pressure side pool cleaners: they need extra pressure or booster pumps and put more pressure on filter.
- Robotic pool cleaners: superior cleaning but higher cost. The filter needs to be emptied again and again.
How to Choose the Best Pool Vacuum?
While choosing a “Do it yourself” pool vacuum for your pool, one needs to take care of more than one thing. We have shortlisted a few points for the ease of buyers.
- Pool type: First of all, the choice of robotic pool cleaner depends upon the type of pool. There are separate pool cleaners for in-ground and above ground pool cleaners.
- Budget: The major point in choosing a particular product is your budget. The question arises whether you want to spend a good fortune on pool cleaner and want maximum power or you have a limited budget and you are okay with the average performance? Above ground pool cleaners are cheaper when compared with in-ground pool cleaners.
- Pool size: The dimensions of the pool play an important role while looking for a pool vacuum. Some pool vacuums work best smaller pools and some easily tackles Olympic sized pools. This analysis will help you to narrow line your choice.
- Pool Surface: Pool cleaners are built in accordance with the particular surface. Some cleaners might damage tile floors while cleaning them while some are specially crafted for such surface. Vinyl, concrete, fiberglass and tiles are common surface. Make sure to process this information before you choose a particular product. Pool cleaner must suit your pool in every way.
- Technology: Different pool vacuums run on different technologies. Make sure if you are comfortable with today’s most advanced robotic technology. It might come with a remote control and different settings. Or you want a simple technology with common 2-3 settings. Choose which technology suits you and your budget too.
- Filtration: This is the biggest requirement while buying a pool cleaner. These robotic cleaners work independently without any hoses or ducts. These are not affected by the filtration system of the pool. Their efficiency of cleaning the pool is the biggest point to consider.
These are the points you need to consider while buying new pool vacuum cleaner for you swimming pool. Now check out the detail reviews of the pool cleaner, we have mentioned pros/cons, product description, specification and much more.
Reviews of Best Pool Vacuum Cleaners of 2017
if you are planning to buy new pool vacuum, do consider to read the below reviews. We have prepared this review list after long research and analysis of different topics of pool vacuum cleaners of 2017.
#1 Dolphin 99996323 Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner
The best robot vacuum cleaner Dolphin Nautilus is specially crafted for scrubbing and vacuuming the walls, floor and water line of the in-ground pools. It does not need any booster pump or swimming pool pump and does it job on its own. It uses a cartridge filter instead of filter bag which is very easy to clean.
The 60-feet floating power cable of the device is attached with swivel device that prevents it from twisting and coiling. An ideal robotic pool cleaner for house pools up to the length of 50 meters, it hardly takes 3 hours to clean the pool.
The 24-volt dual-driver motor is too powerful for scrubbing actions. Ideal for kidney shaped, L-shape, oval, round or rectangular pools, it works with integrated circuit of 30-volt power supply for low energy power consumption. The cartridge filter traps all the dirt and debris and cleans most of the pool.
The brush system of the pool cleaner prevents the growth of algae and bacteria. It does not cause any problem with raised drains that are located at the bottom of the pool.
It is very important to clean the filter after cleaning the pool. Switch off the robotic pool cleaner, turn it upside down and open the filter locking mechanism. Remove the filter cartridge and then remove the filter. Clean the filter with water from garden hose or pipe. Put everything back together to use it again.
This light-weight pool cleaner comes in light-blue and black color. Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner is easy to use and is long-lasting. It comes with a 12-months warranty of tools and spares.
- The swivel cord let the pool cleaner complete its work efficiently.
- It works quietly and climbs walls easily.
- This easy to clean product needs no manual assistance.
- This cost-efficient product has good value for money.
- This pool vacuum lacks a handle.
- It does not clean steps and angles well.
- It is not easy to lift it off the pool.
- It does not learn the construction of the pool. It simply bounces around down there.
#2 Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
One of the best in-ground pool vacuum Polaris F9550 pool cleaner provides the best features and performance. The ultimate performer robotic pool cleaner tackles any pool terrain, climb steps and walls and scrubs the tile-line with its solid-blade scrubbing brush. Polaris F9550 pool cleaner is loaded with an extra special feature. Just fix a 7-day or any fixed duration alarm and forget it. The cleaner will itself do the customized cleaning after every few days. With this feature, you can clean your pool frequently as per your requirement.
Another impressive feature is its remote. This remote enables you to point to a particular point which needs more cleaning. It puts the motion and cleaning control in your hand. Take it to the desired spot and never miss a single spot. It also indicates the dirty canister. This rare feature lets you know when it is the need to empty it. The debris and dust can be easily cleaned by just shaking and spraying it. Backed by a 2-year warranty, this model can clean pools up to the length of 60 m.
It is quite easy to lift. It surfaces itself to your desired location and waits for you to grab it. This pool vacuum automatically evacuates water and thus can be removed easily from the pool. The product features Vortex Vacuum Technology; it collects bigger debris while maintaining maximum suction. Polaris robotic in ground pool cleaner can also work with great with in-ground fiber glass pools. You can find more details about it in its instruction manual.
- It offers extra cleaning performance.
- This sturdy cleaner is loaded with lots of technical specifications and programming options.
- It cleans sides, walls, all the corners and stairs equally and effectively.
- The motion sensing feature of the Polaris pool cleaner is amazing.
- Speed of this model cannot be easily controlled.
- The response of remote control is sluggish at times.
- The cord tangles at times, unwind it every time you notice.
- Polaris in-ground pool cleaners’ cost is slightly on an expensive side.
This American Product is known as best automatic pool vacuums. Poolvergnuegen means pool pleasure. The pool cleaner work in such a way so that you can experience poolvergnuegen. The pool cleaner is made up of the highest quality material. This robust pool vacuum, if maintained properly can result in years of working. Designed after the research and testing of many years, each cleaner assures the best quality.
This suction cleaner is available in 2 or 4- wheel drive whatever chooses your pool size. It has a patented feature of self-adjusting turbine vanes that ensure maximum power at any flow and debris management is effortless with this feature. The tire treads and skirt of this pool cleaner are adjustable and they work in concert with programmed steering. When you will closely look at the tire treads of the pool cleaner, you will observe its different design. This design was specially crafted so that the tires can climb on walls easily.This ensures easy wall climbing, obstacle management and maximized pool coverage and delivers the cleanest pool surface. This pool cleaner is ideal for pools of any size and shapes.
The steering system of this pool cleaner is quite interesting. The pre-programmed internal steering sequence cause left wheel to reverse periodically which allows it to turn and move into another direction. This feature ensures maximum and efficient cleaning.
The pool cleaner is loaded with 3 inter changeable throats which allows large debris to pass and optimization of suction performance. It can be used with variable speed pumps. Loaded with 2 years of manufacturer warranty, this revolutionary product uses your already existing pump. No need of an extra boosting pump means energy savings. The 2x size is suited for smaller pools and 4 x sizes are suited for larger pools. The paddle wheel design of the pool cleaner is accompanied with adjustable blades. It ensures the coverage both deep and shallow ends of the pool.
- It can easily clean the deepest parts of the diving pool.
- This pool is best suited for irregular shaped and irregular surfaced pools.
- It can also work with the pools which do not have a suction line.
- Wheel treads have indicators that indicate the time of their replacement.
- It works quietly.
- The pool cleaner cleans the corners of the pool in a very effective way.
- This pool cleaner is quite durable.
- When compared to its performance, this pool cleaner is cheap.
- It cannot work in vinyl pools.
- The mechanical system of this pool is not sealed.
- It works slowly, takes around five to six hours to clean a large pool.
The cost-effective and performance proved pool cleaner, Aquabot Junior know how to keep the pool owners relax and tension free. Being the best automatic pool vacuum, it does the entire job so that you can sit freely and enjoy the site off shiny clean surface of the pool. This robotic pool cleaner is different from the traditional suction side and pressure side pool cleaners. You just need to plug it in the GFCI protected outlet and put it in the pool.
The vacuum cleaner works on its own booster pump and does not need any outer help. Because they are separated from the pool filter system, there is no risk of the clogging of the pool filter. All the dirt and debris directly goes to the inner filter. Founded in USA, the first Aquabot pool cleaner was launched in 1982. It was launched in order to keep pools healthy and cleaner.
This great performer uses very little energy and removes even the tiniest debris which other pool cleaners fail to notice. The motor of this pool cleaner is made in accordance with the highest safety standards for power supply. This motor works for a longer shelf life.
The great design of this pool cleaner keeps you happy, maintains the cleanliness of your pool, saves energy and is cost-efficient.
- This automatic product needs no supervision while working.
- The cleaning-cycle of this pool cleaner is completed in 30-minutes. It saves time.
- It cannot clean the inner walls of the pool.
- The cable is of this pool cleaner is not tangle resistant and hence it is not so easy to work with.
- It is not much durable.
#5 Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Suitable for all in-ground pools, Polaris 360 preferably connects to all dedicated pressure lines. The advanced technology of Polaris 360 does not need any separate booster pump. In this way, it reduces its running cost. It collects almost all debris including leaves and small pebbles in its filter bag. The filter bag of this pool cleaner is large and holds debris in large quantity. The debris bag has single chamber. It does not even miss the debris which normally other pool cleaners do. It sweeps, scrubs and vacuum the floor of the pool.
Powered by triple jets and advanced cleaning technology, this pump is suitable for in-ground pools of all shapes and sizes. The vacuum inlet of this pool is 2 ¼ inches in size. The sleek, bold and beautiful three-wheel design of Polaris 360 expertly navigates and initiates impressive mobility. It cleans all walls and bottoms both by vacuuming. The pool vacuum consist 31 inch cord and independent filter bag. It works on the technology of collecting all the debris in its filter bag and returning clean water to the pool. It has an inbuilt valve which gives it an automatic 360 degree turn if in case it gets stuck in corners.
An ideal replacement for most of the non-booster pumps, Polaris 360 is known for its remarkable performance. Loaded with an impressive 10-year warranty, the hose of this pool vacuum can be easily extended. The dark colored model compliments the light colors of the pool.
Polaris has a worldwide recognition and is the most reliable brand since last 40 years. The high-quality engineering and the ability to run on and clean rugged construction makes it the obvious choice.
- It works perfectly for any size and shaped pools and does not get stuck in corners.
- It knows how to transit quickly from deep to shallow.
- It is observed by some customers that the debris bag attached with this pool vacuum is of poor quality. It needs to be replaced time to time.
- A separate pump needs to be installed with it to experience a powerful working.
- It cannot climb stairs.
Conclusion: We hope this review will help you to choose the best pool vacuum that can match your requirements. Always choose a pool vacuum that work perfectly with the type of debris you have in your pool and the shape and size of your pool. This is to notify that this review does not contain any best above ground pool vacuum.